Monday 29 October 2012

Washed by the rain

washed by the rain ,sky was so beautiful in the eve . I wanted to picture it for cold gloomy months,,,just few weeks ahead.

.



what  I miss here ,pretty blue sky with the sun and nights with millions stars which I love the most.

My kids always want to see the stars and rarely we can catch one or two.. in the grey sky. Poor moon ,how lonely it must be feeling .

My lokki [ just a cute way to call my oldest daughter in my language] is so fascinated about stars and constellations .

In Paris ,we went to the Science museum and the planetarium ..oh it was such a good nap for me after a long day but both the girls were wide awake and watching all the session. Lokki just knew Bonjour, and Marci ...so as me .[ all the explanations were in  French....!]

In Perth , Australia were lucky enough to go to the Sci tech Discovery centre with the Planetarium where we had wonderful experience.

She bought a mini telescope just to see the stars. Australians still has the luck with stars. Unfortunately Hanoi is not the place for starry nights. May be we should have visited the country side .

What a surprise , Just today we are lucky . Millions of stars scattered , with the moon. It just wonderful.

Someone might think ,what a big deal..it's just the stars. Of course right now it is a big deal for me since most of the nights I am struggling to find a single star not only for my daughters but for the little girl in me who never grow up .

She grew up under a beautiful sky . Nothing to do at night ,just count the stars. it was not the era with Internet..

TV was not very popular..we just had a radio for a long time. Last week I heard my husband tried to explain our Bunny [ my younger daughter's nick name ]  what is radio.

Do not know the progress. only I know that she told   '' it must be so boring''



She must be thinking ''what did those children do without computers , TV and not even Internet..oh my''

It was not the case for us since we didn't know them. We had a beautiful sky.  Seven sisters were my favourite. How much I counted it was six. Still we called  it seven . In my language [ Sinhala] it is called ''Hathdinnath tharu'' . Hath for seven and tharu means stars.




In Sri Lanka we have a public holiday on every full moon day. It is considered as a religious day for Buddhists and most of them would go to temple .

Back then I remember not much street lamps in the suburbs.  Just the moon lit nights ..We sometimes went to the temple at night.. Even not still enjoyed the full moon and stars.

My Ukranian friend has gone to Sri Lanka few weeks back. She told me looking at the sky was a beautiful experience ..

I love that the world has so developed. I like the Internet , that is what I am doing right now. It is wonderful to see my friends , share my thoughts with this technology. I love to watch TV. and my smart phone too. I even play Angry birds while waiting for my Bunny at school.

It is not like I hate the modern things , I just wants to see the blue sky and moon with stars .

I am not the one really, the little girl in me wants it. What can I do......





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know how do you feel